Saturday 23 May 2009

Picnics and Hats

I went with my two children to Hoveton hall again today. We had a lovely hike around - My little girl (3) even walked all the way to the ice house - albeit a bit perturbed by both the family of geese and nursing sheep in our path. All the rhododendrons were out in full scenting the air and filling the skyline with colour. We then had a late picnic, from my new basket, of wraps, grapes and homemade carrot cake. The flask of tea was a very welcome treat indeed after a morning with two tired children. There really is nothing like tea and cake - the one without the other is still nice but there is a certain magic of the two together - more than the sum of its parts. I wore my new raffia sunhat and felt fitting sitting on the picnic rug surrounded by the beautiful English countryside and strolling along flower borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment