Sunday 12 April 2009

MILK

I saw Milk last night ( Finally!!!)- I had no idea about the history of discrimination against homosexuals in US - how barbaric their treatment was until comparatively very recently… that their lives and livelihoods were constantly at risk in even progressive ares of the country. Can I just say that I am so sorry - I had no idea! I am ashamed to say after watching it that I am a Christian and now want to be a closet Christian!!!!! I felt so proud of the gay rights movement and so ashamed of the church. I really struggle with faith and my sexuality and feel like I have a split identity. So is it possible to have faith and be gay and not compromise on either??? I feel slightly schizophrenic. But I am humbled by the man Harvey Milk was and the courage he and the gay community in San Francisco showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment